Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bathroom Cabinet Updated

Our house was built in 1997.  In 1997 Honey Oak was popular, as was polished brass.  Neither of those 2 are our style.  We replaced all polished brass a few years ago with brushed nickel, but the honey oak lived on.  About 2 years ago I painted the master bath cabinet white.  It worked really well with the blueish-gray tile and blueish countertop.  I did not really want to paint Joe's/Gabriel's bathroom cabinet white.  I really wanted to darken it, but painting it dark brown or black just looked eh to me.  Then, one fine morning, my friend sent me an email.  She told me about a product called Cabinet Transformations.  It sounded amazing.  It is a muli-layer system which includes an optional glaze step.  I read up on it, read reviews, agonized over colors, and finally decided on Espresso.  I decided to try my hand at the bathroom cabinet.  If it worked, awesome, then I would tackle the kitchen.  If I failed, no biggie, it was just the bathroom upstairs.  I followed each step carefully.  I took my time, I worked on it after work and during 1 weekend.  Then it was done.  What a huge difference and it looks amazing.  Next step, KITCHEN!  Success!!  What do you think??

Before:



After:



Close Up After:




2 comments:

MrANDMrsHappilyEverAfter said...

love it!! You did such a great job =)

Stephanie said...

It looks awesome. You have inspired me!! My bedroom set needs a make over bad :)